Monday, June 4, 2012

Do You Wanna Dance?



The Beach Boys "Do You Wanna Dance"

I could spend days watching all these old performances.  This is one of my favorites by the Beach Boys.  I'll continue posting some of my other favorite performances throughout the year.  There's so many things I love about this era of music!

I'm really enjoying Mike Love's little dance, which sometimes has a small sample of a moonwalk.  But it's hard to get over those striped shirts.  Although I am not a big fan of Foster the People, it was great seeing them in blue and white striped shirts when they performed with the Beach Boys at this year's Grammys.  If you haven't seen this performance, check it out here!


3 comments:

  1. I love the Beach Boys and 60s in general :) But I'm a little afraid to listen to their new album, I don't wanna be disappointed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel, the 60s were amazing. I'm trying to go into this album with no expectations, but it's hard because it's the Beach Boys! However, the sample of the song, "Isn't It Time" really caught my attention. So fingers crossed, let's hope for something good. I was really disappointed with some of Brian Wilsons' releases, but we'll see.

      I also want to say thank you for the invite to the community again. I don't get the opportunity to chat about music a lot and it's the one thing I really love.

      Delete
  2. We're always happy when someone new comes around :D By the way, I love the new background.

    ReplyDelete